Thursday 9 January 2014

Sorbet in a Cup.


I despise Summer. I blame this on my Melbourne DNA, due to the fact that I would much rather be in snow, hale or rain than be in any form of heat. Summer in Brisbane for Audrey and I has so far been… interesting. Audrey, a born Queenslander, but Melbournian at heart complains constantly about heat, and I can't even blame her for this when I'm walking around in my underwear cursing the sun for it's existance.

One of my remedies for balmy nights is what has been dubbed 'Sorbet in a Cup'. It's cooling, and delicious, and most likely falls into that 'clean eating' bandwagon that most people are blogging about. But I love it mainly because it stops me getting into my Subaru and going to the closest 7/11 for a Slurpee.

The man in our home hates a lot of things. Anything green. Anything fruity that isn't a mandarin. Anything Vegetarian. Chia Seeds. Health Food shops. Green Smoothies. Coconut. Fruit Juices that aren't packed with artificial sweeteners. So, a lot of things that I like. At times this makes me want to throttle him when all I want for dinner is a vegan eggplant stew and chickpea cookies for dessert. Anyway, I made this tonight for 'dessert', it's cooling down a bit at the moment in Brisbane, but the hot days have still left me craving fruits and ice-cream.

Sorbet in a Cup Recipe.
-1 cup frozen berries (I uses mix of blueberries, blackberries and raspberries)
-1/2 Mango
-1 cup coconut water
-1/2 cup water
-1/2 teaspoon chia seeds
-Ice

Blend and enjoy.

I also give this to said man in the house. He loves it, despite all the things he hates being in it.
Heh.. heh..

How is everyone else doing with Summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment